Become a SVC Board Member
The SVC Executive Board is a group of student leaders dedicated to empowering students to engage in impactful service. Board member roles and responsibilities include:
- Having a critical leadership role in one of the largest student-run organizations on campus
- Empowering project leaders to reach goals and build their organizations
- Evaluating project performance and supporting projects to improve performance
- Developing organizational, problem-solving, and consulting skills
- Cultivating relationships with local community partners to address their needs
- Acting as a liaison from the Pace Center to projects and representing SVC projects in larger conversations about service on campus
Board members are expected to make a commitment to SVC which entails a minimum of 10-12 hours per week. This includes attending Board and committee meetings, keeping regular office hours, and making a personal commitment to the numerous activities in which SVC is involved. Being a member of the Board is a job and a responsibility. More importantly, the Board is an experience that will allow you to reflect upon and contribute to service-related issues as they affect the University community and beyond.
The SVC seeks out new members for its student board each fall. Please check back during the fall semester for more information.