Apply here (Applications due Friday, January 25, 2019)
Non-U.S. citizens are not eligible to apply for this position.
Position title: Environmental Analyst Fellow
Department: Investment Team
Reports to: Principal of the Investment Team
Address of fellowship placement: 1600 El Camino Real, Suite 155 Menlo Park, CA 94025
The Fellow will be a part of the investment team which includes 3 Analysts focused on other sectors, 2 Associates, and 2 Principles. The investment team is responsible for research and diligence on potential investment opportunities for the Foundation.
The Environmental Analyst will be responsible for research and analytics for investment opportunities in the environment sector as well as for our current portfolio of organizations in this sector. The Analyst will work closely with the Associates/Principles and Managing Directors on projects to support these deals and organizations.
Examples of specific responsibilities, projects, tasks, and/or duties of the Fellow include:
Research projects include:
- Conduct landscape analysis on environmental issue areas to identify trends, gaps and opportunities for DRK investmen
- Work with leadership team on projects related to DRK’s impact and the impact of our portfolio on the environment sector
- Support the diligence process on prospective investments in the environment sector for DRK portfolio through research and analysi
- Prepare reports, presentations and other documents for internal and external audience
- Assist Managing Directors with supporting new entrepreneurs, participate in regular check-ins with active portfolio organizations, and manage projects related to portfolio support for organizations
DRK seeks an intelligent, articulate, resourceful, high-achieving, and exceptionally polished individual who is interested in working at a fast-paced, high-impact venture philanthropy fund that empowers social entrepreneurs to make change in our society. The successful candidate will possess the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Excellent analytical ability; ability to think clearly, structure analysis logically and execute the task at hand.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders.
- Strong quantitative skills; ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain tasks.
- Superb project management skills and exceptional attention to detail; keen ability to assess an organization’s internal support needs and the self-direction to research, propose, and implement systems that are in line with the Foundation’s results-driven culture.
- Comfort in an entrepreneurial environment and the dexterity to manage multiple projects simultaneously; a strong work ethic with proven ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent DRK and portfolio organizations in a professional, engaging, and dynamic manner.
- A curious and creative intellect and a style that includes flexibility, levelness, and a sense of humor; strong learning orientation.
The Fellow will be a part of a small and collaborative team. The Fellow will participate in regular Deal Team meetings as well as Check-in Meetings with portfolio organizations. These are great learning opportunities to learn about the practices and challenges of early stage social enterprises. The Fellow/Analyst will work in close contact with DRK leaders, partners, networks and institutions crossing the public, private and non-profit sector. S/he will have significant exposure to a broad array of leaders in the social sector, cutting-edge social change models and the inner workings of a leading venture philanthropy organization.