CA Leadership Team
Strong student leadership is a core element of the CA program and is vital in helping our incoming students have a positive and meaningful service experience during their week.
There are several ways to be a part of the CA Leadership Team:
During the week of CA, the first-year students are guided and mentored by their CA Leaders, who are well-trained and very enthusiastic current students. CA Leaders have the opportunity to positively shape the experience of incoming first-year students by facilitating community building activities, serving as liaisons with community partners and projects, and carrying out the daily schedule in order to ensure the safety and security of all participants. In addition, during the week and beyond, CA Leaders provide support, advice and guidance to the participants to help them integrate into Princeton and the community. Each CA group will be comprised of 10-12 first-year students and 2-3 CA Leaders.
CA Support Team
A strong support system is needed to ensure that everything goes smoothly during CA. The CA Support Team is comprised of two subgroups: CA Regional Support and the CA Command Center.
1. CA Regional Support team members focus on supporting the CA Fellows & Leaders within the regions and are on site. CA Regional Support works in pairs to support a region. Some tasks may include assisting with the delivery of supplies, providing backup support for leader groups, reporting back to CA staff for updates, etc. CA Regional Support must be or willing to become University Driver Certified as driving is a requirement of the role.
2. CA Command Center serves as the first point of contact to resolve any issues or concerns during CA. The Command Center is staffed by students and Pace Center professional staff who are trained to answer calls from students, staff, community partners and campus partners. The CA Command Center operates Sunday-Friday from 8am - 11pm (divided into two shifts).
Being a part of the CA Leadership Team offers the following:
- Early move into your housing assignment for the fall semester
- Meals during training and programming (includes the week of CA)
- Student leadership experience
- Welcoming the Princeton class of 2023!
- Member of Princeton’s Class of 2020, 2021, 2022
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Available for and attend all training, meeting and program dates
- Submit a completed application
- Participate in a CA Group Process Day
- CA Leadership Team Move-In: Tuesday, August 27
- CA Leadership Team Training, Prep & Kick-off: Wednesday, August 28 - Sunday, September 1
- CA Week: Monday, September 2 - Friday, September 6
- CA Debriefs (individually scheduled by your CA Fellow): Saturday, September 7 - Tuesday, September 10
If you are interested in applying to be a member of the 2019 CA Leadership Team but missed the deadline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org