Leadership Opportunities in CA
Founded by students in 1987, Community Action strives to place student leadership at its core. There are two avenues for current Princeton students to engage with leadership opportunities through Community Action: As a CA Fellow or as a member of the CA Leadership Team.
The 2021 CA Fellowship application is closed.
The CA Fellows program, established in 2017, is a competitive, year-long, paid opportunity within the Pace Center for Civic Engagement.
Up to eight CA Fellows are selected annually for their commitment to service and the Princeton community, potential for continued leadership growth, and experience participating or coordinating past service or student organization programs. CA Fellows are responsible for community partnership development, communications, service-learning activities, and logistical planning associated with the CA region that they manage. CA Fellows also provide mentorship and guidance to the CA Leadership Team members within their region, assist with the recruitment of Leadership Team members, and facilitate trainings.
CA Fellows participate in professional development, retreats, and are advised one-on-one by a member of the Community Action professional staff.
Applications are closed. The position typically occurs from late February - December with summer serving as a 13-week, full-time internship experience. For eligible students, the CA Fellowship also allows them to participate in Service Focus.
CA Leadership Team
The 2021 CA Leadership Team application is now open and accepting applicants!
During the week of CA, the first-year students are guided and mentored by their CA Leaders, who are well-trained and enthusiastic current students. CA Leaders have the opportunity to positively shape the experience of incoming first-year students by facilitating community building activities, serving as liaisons with community partners and projects, and carrying out the daily schedule in order to ensure the safety and security of all participants. In addition, during the week and beyond, CA Leaders provide support, advice, and guidance to the participants to help them integrate into Princeton and the community. Each CA group will be comprised of 10-13 first-year students and two CA Leaders.
Being a part of the CA Leadership Team offers the following:
- Early move-in to your housing assignment for the fall semester
- Meals during training and programming (includes the week of CA)
- Student leadership experience
- Welcoming the Princeton class of 2025!
- Member of Princeton’s Class of 2022, 2023, 2024
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Available for and attend all training, meetings, and program dates
- Submit a completed application
- Participate in a virtual, 15-minute interview with a CA staff member
- Spring/Summer Leadership Team Meeting: TBD
- CA Leadership Team Move-In: TBD
- CA Leadership Team Training, Prep & Kick-off: August 18 - August 20, 2021
- CA Week: August 23 - August 26, 2021
- CA Debriefs (individually scheduled by your CA Fellow): August 27 - August 29, 2021
The 2021 CA Leadership Team application is open and now accepting applicants!