Become a SVC Board Member
The SVC Executive Board is a group of student leaders dedicated to empowering students to engage in impactful service. Board member roles and responsibilities include:
- Having a critical leadership role in one of the largest student-run organizations on campus
- Empowering project leaders to reach goals and build their organizations
- Evaluating project performance and supporting projects to improve performance
- Developing organizational, problem-solving, and consulting skills
- Cultivating relationships with local community partners to address their needs
- Acting as a liaison from the Pace Center to projects and representing SVC projects in larger conversations about service on campus
Board members are expected to make a commitment to SVC which entails a minimum of 10-12 hours per week. This includes attending Board and committee meetings, keeping regular office hours, and making a personal commitment to the numerous activities in which SVC is involved. Being a member of the Board is a job and a responsibility. More importantly, the Board is an experience that will allow you to reflect upon and contribute to service-related issues as they affect the University community and beyond.
The SVC seeks out new members for its student board each fall. Applications are now open.