Be a part of the team!
CA 2017 Program Timeline
- CA Leader/Support Team Applications Due: Sunday, February 5, at 5 PM
- CA Group Interview Days: Friday, February 24th or Friday, March 10th (must attend one)
- CA Leader/Support Selection Notifications: Friday, March 24th
- Pace Center Leader Training for NEW CA Leaders- Saturday, April 22nd
- CA Leadership Day- Sunday, April 23rd
- Orientation 2017 Kickoff- Wednesday, May 10th at 4 PM, McCosh 50
- CA Team Move-In: Tuesday, August 29th
- CA Team Training: Wednesday, August 30th - Sunday, September 3rd
- CA Week: Monday, September 4th through Friday, September 8th
Apply to be a part of the team!
Strong student leadership is a core element of the CA program and is vital in helping our incoming students have a positive and meaningful service experience during their week. There are multiple ways to be a part of the CA team:
Be a CA Leader
During the week of CA, the first-year students are guided and mentored by their CA Leaders, who are well-trained and very enthusiastic current students. CA Leaders will have the opportunity to positively shape the experience of incoming freshmen by facilitating community building activities, serving as liaisons with community partners and projects, and carrying out the daily schedule in order to ensure the safety and security of all participants. In addition, during the week and beyond, CA Leaders provide support, advice and guidance to the participants to help them integrate into Princeton and the community. Each CA group will be comprised of 10-12 first-year students and 2-3 CA Leaders.
Be a part of the CA Support Team
While the CA Leaders help to guide and mentor the first-year students through this experience, a strong support system is needed to ensure that everything goes smoothly. The CA Support Team is comprised of two subgroups: CA Regional Support and the CA Command Center.
1. CA Regional Support team members will focus on supporting the CA leaders within the regions and will be on site. CA Regional Support will work in pairs to support a region. Some tasks may include assisting with the delivery of supplies, providing backup support for leader groups, reporting back to CA staff for updates, etc. CA Regional Support must be University Driver Certified as they will be assigned to vehicles.
2. CA Command Center serves as the first point of contact to resolve any issues or concerns during the trip. This Command Center is staffed by students who are trained to answer calls from student leaders, staff, community partners and campus partners. The CA Command Center will operate between the times of 7 am and 11 pm and be divided into shifts.
Being a part of the CA Team offers the following:
- Early move into your housing assignment for the fall semester
- Meals during training and programming (includes the week of CA)
- Student leadership experience as a part of Orientation
- Welcoming the Princeton class of 2021!
- Member of Princeton’s Class of 2018, 2019, 2020
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Available for all position and program dates (see CA 2017 Timeline)
- Complete the application by the deadline of Sunday, February 5, 2017 by 5 p.m.
- Attend a Group Interview Day Session taking place on either Friday, February 24th or Friday, March 10th (invitations to schedule will be sent by mid-February)
- Attend CA Leadership Day- Sunday, April 23rd
2017 CA Leader & Support Team Application. Applications due Sunday, February 5, at 5 PM.