The Pace Center is excited to announce that applications are now being accepted for the new Community Action (CA) Fellow position!
This year long position will work throughout the academic year and summer 2017 (see application for specific time commitment) to plan small-group experiences as part of Orientation for the Princeton Class of 2021!
About Community Action (CA): Community Action is a week-long orientation program for the first-year class sponsored by the Pace Center for Civic Engagement. A uniquely immersive experience, CA students learn service by engaging with a range of people and cultures as they eat, sleep, and work in the communities they serve. CA seeks to promote an ethic of meaningful service among undergraduates, foster productive collaboration between the University and surrounding communities, and engage all participants in both academic and interpersonal dialogue.
Main Responsibilities: CA Fellows are responsible for community partnership development, communications, service-learning activities, and logistical planning associated with all aspects of the Community Action program. Each CA Fellow will be assigned a geographic region or issue immersion (Sustainability or Arts) comprised of approximately 5-7 small groups that they are responsible for planning. CA Fellows provide support and guidance to the CA Leaders and Support Team Members located within their assigned region or issue immersion as part of the Orientation and CA training program. CA Fellows report to the Community Action Program Coordinator and receive ongoing professional development.
- Member of Princeton’s Class of 2018, 2019, 2020
- Available for all position and program dates
- Spring: February 6 – May 5, 2017
- Summer: June 12 – September 8, 2017
- Fall: September 11 – December 15, 2017
- Preference for prior CA experience
- University Authorized Van Driver (or willing to be certified)
- During the academic semesters (spring and fall), students will be paid hourly at the student employment C-Rate for approximately 6-8 hours of work a week.
- The summer is designed as a 12-week full-time (40 hours/week) internship with a salary of $6,500 for the entire summer. Please note, during the month of August and the program training and service week additional night and weekend hours will be required. These hours are part of the internship and covered by the fixed stipend.
- The CA Fellows are paid every two weeks through the student employment system. This position is work-study eligible.
- Complete the 2017 CA Fellows application with resume attached by the deadline of Friday, December 16, 2016.
- Attend an interview with the CA Program Director and CA Program Coordinator in January. Applicants will be contacted to schedule the interview.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jane Sanchez Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org.